- Please complete all requested information.
- Provide a detailed description of work activities that will occur at the site and could potentially disturb asbestos-containing building materials.
- Incomplete or inaccurate requests, will be returned to the requestor for additional information and / or clarification.
- For those areas requiring ceiling sampling, provide height to deck.
- After submitting a request send an 8 1/2″ × 11″ site sketch or floor plan. Scanned floor plans can be sent to Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) via email. Plans or sketch must have area of work clearly delineated.
- It is the responsibility of the project manager to facilitate access to all work areas. In addition, notify EHS of any scheduling constraints when the work area will be in use and unavailable for sampling. If access is prevented for asbestos inspection, the results will be delayed until the project manager can arrange access for EHS. EHS can obtain keys for many locations.
Sampling and Analysis
EHS does not accept samples for analysis when collected by individuals not properly licensed by the Texas Department of State Health Services.
A minimum of three (3) samples of each homogeneous material application are collected by the licensed asbestos inspector based upon the description of work provided and site sketch or floor plan. Asbestos samples are submitted to a third party laboratory for analysis. The analytical fees are charged directly to the project via IDT. Reporting is uploaded into UT Box. Requestor will be sent an invitation to UT Box to review documents.
Turnaround times are as follow:
New Prices are effective November 14, 2017
|Normal||$20.00 each||Two weeks minimum*|
|Priority||$26.00 each||One week minimum*|
|Emergency||$40.00 each||2-hour minumum**|
*When results will be provided to the project manager
**Emergency: Affecting public health or safety that results from a sudden, unexpected event that is not a planned renovation or demolition by the department. All emergency requests will be determined by EHS.
NOTE: All requests for ‘Priority’ turnaround time must have their manager submit a written approval to email@example.com to have the asbestos & lead assessment request elevated from normal to priority.Back to Top