UT HERD (Hazard Evaluation and Risk Database) is a new electronic information management database used to streamline the laboratory safety process and provide better service to researchers and laboratory personnel. Current features include lab and worker registration, training, lab inspections, and RAM and chemical inventory management. With UT HERD, Principal Investigators (PIs) can enter and track important safety information for their laboratory.
- Lab Registration - for requesting the addition and removal of lab spaces
- Worker Registration - for requesting the addition or removal of lab personnel
- Training Records - for reviewing safety training records for lab personnel
- Safety Inspections - for reviewing inspection information and responding to lab deficiencies
- Inventory - for entering, reviewing, and updating RAM and chemical inventories
- Placards - for reviewing and requesting changes to emergency contacts for lab signs
Refer to the Help feature in the upper right-hand corner while in UT HERD.
Learn How to Use UT HERD
- View a recorded training session to help familiarize you with UT HERD
- a written UT HERD User Guide
*EHS must authorize PIs and their delegates before they can use the database. However, if you already had access in EHSA, then you should already have access to UT HERD. If you have not been authorized, email us. Please provide a valid UT EID when submitting your request. PIs can request access for their delegates as well.
Questions about UT HERD? Please email us or call EHS at (512) 471-3511.